Note: I’m breaking the rules and posting this on a Tuesday and not tagging anyone. I think there’s been enough tagging of this thing already.
1. What’s the working title of the book
Jesus Christ, Boy Detective and The Royal Flush of Fate
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
I wanted to write the origin story of how Jesus Christ became trapped in the body of boy detective, Timmy Hightower.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Fiction. I think. Or YA gone terribly wrong.
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
The only actor I have in mind is Michael Fassbender for the part of Leopold Franz, Timmy’s uncle/guardian/expert knife thrower/acquitted serial killer. Everyone else I don’t quite have cast yet.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Sent into the body of Timmy Hightower, Jesus Christ must solve a mystery that could tear the fabric of his reality. (Note: I am terrible at writing ad copy.)
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
It’s stalled for almost a year now. I’ve written a lot of other JCBD stories in my procrastination. I know how I want to restructure the novel but it’s a matter of having the time to do it.
7. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A conversation while sitting in the backseat of my mother’s car while on our way to seeing a movie, where I wondered aloud what would it be like if Jesus Christ was trapped in the body of a boy detective.
8. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s like Encyclopedia Brown meets Left Behind, without all the Kirk Cameron parts, or The Rapture, the event, not the bad, which is way better than the event. (I tell you, I’m terrible at selling myself from a writing perspective. I, however, am quite good at selling my ass to you.)
9. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I don’t do the self-publishing thing. Hopefully, I can get someone crazy enough to represent it.